Boy’s and Girl's Group Leader Position Details
UMA is a Christian ministry located in downtown Lynchburg. We are seeking volunteers dedicated to developing deep and lasting relationships with our youth through weekly bible studies, adventure trips, and impromptu hang-outs.
- Capable of attending and occasionally leading Wednesday Night Bible Studies (if desired).
- Able to work with a team of other volunteers to create an environment in which adults and youth can build healthy relationships and talk about Christ.
- Participate in recreational activities to interact and build relationships with our youth. (ex. basketball, football, trust activities, games, etc…).
- Help maintain order among a rowdy group of elementary, middle, or high school youth.
- Join us on adventure trips -- no skills needed, just relationship building.
- Above all, our desire is to build relationships and share Christ. As much as we love a good plan we want to see you be able to be flexible to follow where the Spirit leads!
- Must be a committed follower of Christ
- Must be available every Monday or Wednesday night in the school year. Certain Wednesdays will be canceled due to LCS schedule and holidays. We understand things happen and you may not be able to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, we just ask that you inform us ahead of time.
- Must possess prior youth leadership experience and skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions and set a good example for students.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must be excited to commit to building relationships with awesome young men, not punching a time clock!
- Consistency is very important, we would prefer volunteers who would be interested in serving in the spring as well, however it is not a requirement.
If you are okay with the above information, you love Jesus, young people, fun and the awesome outdoors… YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER WITH UMA! Please send Marissa an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule a time to meet up with us!