Boy’s Group Leader Position Details
UMA is a Christian ministry located in downtown Lynchburg. We are seeking a male leader willing to cultivate a dedicated team of volunteers, plan and lead Wednesday Night Bible Studies, participate in adventure trips, and develop deep and lasting relationships with our youth. This is a volunteer position but has the ability to be used for CSER and/or turned into an internship.
- Capable of planning out and sharing a bible lesson each Wednesday night, preferably following a semester-long theme.
- Communicating with volunteers prior to Wednesday to ensure enough leadership will be present.
- Organize activities that create an environment for leaders and youth to interact and build relationships. (ex. basketball, football, trust activities, games, etc…)
- Maintainingorder among a rowdy group of 8-12 boys
- Participate in adventure trips -- no skills needed, just relationship building.
- Above all, our desire is to build relationships and share Christ. As much as we love a good plan we want to see you be able to be flexible to follow where the Spirit leads!
- Must be available every Wednesday night beginning September 7th from 5:45 PM- 8:00PM until December 14th (winter break begins). Certain Wednesdays will be canceled due to LCS schedule and holidays.
- Must be available to meet with staff mentors once a week to discuss group progress and other planning details.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ
- Must have experience with urban youth
- Must possess prior youth leadership experience and skills
- Must be a confident leader willing to lead and direct other volunteers and take advice from senior staff members
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be organized, a good time manager and able to plan ahead for youth activities.
- Must be excited to commit to building relationships with awesome young men, not punching a time clock!
- Consistency is very important, we would prefer volunteers who would be interested in serving in the spring as well, however it is not a requirement.
If you are okay with the above information, you love Jesus, young people, fun, the great outdoors, and you have a ton of initiative … YOU SHOULD JOIN UMA! Please send Marissa an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule a time to meet up with us!
**This position has the potential to turn into a supported staff member position based upon your performance, the director and other staff members observations and your commitment to our ministry.